How to Apply
2023-2024 Admissions Timeline
- January 17, 202 – Application, parent questionnaire, and application fee are due.
- January 30, 2023 – All supporting documents must be submitted, financial aid applications must be received, and student observation must be completed.
- March 16, 2023 – Admissions decisions will be provided.
- March 13, 2023 – New Parent Coffee & Conversation.
There are limited openings in select grades for the 2022-2023 school year and some financial aid still available. Please inquire at 301-770-4370 or email Admissions@FeynmanSchool.org.
The admissions process at Feynman School focuses on matching the ability and maturity of each prospective student with the learning environment.
Applicants are considered according to formal and informal measures based on multiple criteria. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Indications of high intellectual ability; WPPSI-III, WPPSI-IV or WISC-V required for Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5 and SSAT for Grade 6 – 8 applicants
- Advanced achievement in academic skills
- Higher-level thinking skills
- Appropriate maturity
- Positive social skills
- Individual talents and interests
Preschool applicants must be 3 years old by September 1 of the year they intend to enroll. Three-year-old applicants must be toilet trained upon the first day of school. In unusual cases, however, a child turning three after September 1 may be considered for rolling admission during the school year, provided space is available and the child demonstrates readiness.
Feynman School seeks to enroll young gifted students who will grow in a learning environment where each student can celebrate his/her own intellectual curiosity and sense of self; be inquisitive and think creatively, and foster care and concern for others. Feynman School is committed to diversity in that the School does not discriminate in its administration of educational policies, admission policies, financial aid policies, personnel policies, and other school-administered programs on the basis of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, physical ability, or any other category to the extent protected by applicable laws.